How to copy files from RST FieldPC2 to PC or memory stick
Scenario: customer needs to copy the files from from RST FieldPC2.
Solution: Follow the steps in the guide below to do the job.
There are 2 ways to get the files from RST FieldPC2 either use USB connection or memory stick.
For USB connection:
- Install Windows Mobile Device Center (64 bit)https://rstinstruments.com/wp-content/uploads/Mobile-Device-Center-for-Windows-Vista-and-later.zip
- Install WMDC Fixes for Windows 10:
- Connect Field PC2 to PC using USB cable (microUSB to USB), the following window will pop-up.
- Select Connect without setting up your device option.
- Select File Management Option and Browse the contents of your device.
- Browse the contents of the device to find the files in the Field PC2 memory.
- Please see the video on how to copy the files from the FieldPC here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qU55bRt5u0QARZEi7EMOghaQL6-46WjC/view?usp=sharing
For memory stick:
- Insert a memory stick (formatted in FAT32) into USB socket on FieldPC2
- Memory stick will show up as “Hard Disk” in mobile file explorer.
- Navigate to datafiles, copy datafiles (press and hold, select Copy).
- Navigate to memory stick (Hard Disk) press and hold, select Paste. The files will be copied from the Field PC2 to the memory stick.
- Please see the video on how to copy the files from the FieldPC2 here. https://photos.app.goo.gl/RPqKGECPAy6aHoa67