First, Login a site following this: https://support.rstinstruments.com/support/solutions/articles/63000275464-how-to-login-a-site-from-affinity-field-app-and-from-terra-insights-cloud
Logger Information Screens – Profile Screen
Select the Logger that the Instrument will be added in from the list of loggers.
Once a logger has been selected, the Profile screen will be displayed. Information that can be found under the logger profile includes: Logger Model/Serial Number/Name, Estimated Battery Life, Memory Usage/Availability, Logger Temperature, Firmware version, etc.
The Instruments screen displays a list of all instruments currently configured for the selected logger. Adding, modifying or removing instrument must be completed from the instruments screen.
Add Vibrating Wire Strain Gauge (VWSG) to the Logger
VWSG sensors are added to the logger from the Instruments screen. If the mobile app has wireless connection to the Terra Insights server, the sensors will be added to Terra Insights immediately. If the mobile app does not have wireless connection, the user must manually upload the sensors when the wireless internet service is restored.
To add a VWSG sensor to the logger, complete the following steps:
1. Tap on the Plus Sign above Add Instrument to enter the sensor setup menus
2. If using the QR code on the VWSG calibration certificate, tap the QR icon to scan the sensor QR code, enter the appropriate Instrument Name, and click Next Step.
Alternatively, if QR codes are not available, the site technician may select the Vibrating Wire Arc Weld Strain Gauge from the dropdown menu and enter the appropriate serial number and calibration constants.
3. Select the appropriate VW Module / Channel number from the dropdown menus, set the Sweep Type to “C” (45-1200Hz), and click Next Step.
4. Select the appropriate TH Module / Channel number from the dropdown menus, set the Thermistor Sensor Type to 3K NTC, and click Next Step.
NOTE: The Check Sensor function shown in Steps 3 & 4 may be used to take a single reading and confirm that the sensor has been wired properly and is functioning as expected.
5. If the QR code for the sensor was not used, enter the Gauge Factor manually and click Take Reading to automatically set the initial readings, then click Next Step.
a. The initial readings can also be entered manually if needed.
6. Select the desired Default Temperature / Frequency Units to be used from the dropdown menu, enter any applicable Field Notes, and click Next Step.
7. If desired, add custom labels to the various data channels and click Next Step.
8. Click on the Arrow icon to automatically update the sensor Latitude / Longitude, select the Reading Interval by moving the slide bar, and click Complete. If desired, the sensor elevation may also be added